The audio-visual industry is a strategic sector for the Canary Islands. It offers a range of attractive tax advantages which are successfully applied thanks to the Economic and Fiscal Regime of the Canary Islands within the legal framework of EU and Spain, along with a joint regional strategy under the umbrella of SMARTFILMING.
This makes the Canaries one of the best places to film in Europe because of the reduced corporate tax rate of 4% thanks to the ZEC, as well as other tax advantages summarized in tax rebates for foreign productions which invest in Spanish productions and R+D+I.
All these incentives, along with the climate, the natural conditions, an array of landscapes, a solid team of qualified experienced professionals and infrastructures ready to take care of your every need, constitute an optimal framework for this industry.
TELEVISION SERIES (TV MOVIES)
ANIMATION FILMS AND CARTOONS
EDITION, RENDERING AND STREAMING
SERVICES TO PRODUCTION COMPANIES
CONSULTANCY, INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY, DATA PROCESSING, WEB HOSTING AND WEB PORTALS
COMPATIBILITY BETWEEN THE AUDIO-VISUAL INDUSTRY AND THE ZEC
(Compatibility Art. 36.1. Corporate Tax)
- Film, video, radio and television programs
PRODUCTION SERVICES, ON SET ASSISTANCE AND POST PRODUCTION
(Compatibility Art. 36.2 Corporate Tax)
- Casting, location services and dubbing
- Editing and reproducing film copies and recordings
- Reproduction and film duplicates
- Compositing and photoengraving
- Brokering services to obtain contracts
PHOTOGRAPHY AND ADVERTISING
- Photography and film developing
- Directing catalogues, publications and promotional materials
- Creating and carrying out advertising campaigns